Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Up & Running (& Writing) Again

After a bit of a break, WLC is back on track, a little bit of a new track.  This site remains a space for discussion but will also exist as a destination for those needing a quick update on current events.  As I mentioned in my bio, every American must be informed locally, nationally, and globally.  Starting next week, I will be posting daily headlines, links, etc. in each of these areas.  Because I am currently located in the Twin Cities, local news will be based on the metro area and the state of Minnesota.  As always, links to my preferred news organizations and resources will be available on the sidebar.  Please check these out as often as possible.  I am glad to be back,
writing to collect and communicate my thoughts.  Please, share yours, even if we do not agree.  In the end, we must agree that freedom is too precious to waste and the comfort we enjoy in America is nothing short of a gift.  One of my favorite things is popcorn and a movie on a rainy day, and I relish the few days a year when the only task at hand is to sit down with a good book and cup of coffee.  However, in our modern world, I am made more and more aware each day of the freedoms that are being lost around the world and the freedoms that most have never had.  For the most part, I do not have to worry about my safety - and as I write I am sitting comfortably in my living room that is probably nicer than most homes around the world.  As I grow older, I also grow more grateful.  I realize that even the opportunity to have a blog and write about whatever I choose is a freedom and I do not want to waste it!

No comments:

Post a Comment